un Micro Financial
We works provincially, regionally and locally throughout Ontario. We provide the best mortgage services and best financial advice to our clients.
Requirements for getting a licence
If you wish to become a licensed mortgage agent in Ontario, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a resident of Canada.
- Have a mailing address in Ontario that can receive registered mail (not a post office box).
- Be authorized by a mortgage brokerage to deal in mortgages.
- Work for only one mortgage brokerage.
- Have a valid email address.
- Meet the mortgage agent education requirements.
- Be suitable for a licence.
To verify your suitability to have a licence, you will need to confirm that:
- You are familiar with the laws of Ontario relating to the licensing of mortgage agents and brokers.
- You will hold yourself out publicly and carry out business in good faith as a mortgage agent in the name in which you are licensed.
- You are not engaged in any other business or occupation that would jeopardize your integrity, independence or competence.
- You are of good character and reputation.
- You have provided all information about bankruptcies, lawsuits, criminal records, decisions from other regulators or licensing bodies and other employment information.
- You are a suitable person to receive a licence and meet all licensing requirements.
Your first step to becoming a licensed mortgage agent begins with taking and passing the Mortgage Agent Course approved by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA), the completion of this course is mandatory to become licensed in Ontario. You must apply for a mortgage agent licence within two years of successfully completing one of these approved mortgage agent education programs.
Here is a list of mortgage agent education programs approved by FSRA:
- The Ontario Mortgage Agent Course, provided by Mortgage Professionals Canada.
- The CMBA Mortgage Agent Course, provided by the Canadian Mortgage Brokers Association—Ontario.
- The REMIC Mortgage Agent Course, provided by the Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada Inc.
Once you passed, we also provide ongoing support and guidance to setup your business and get success.
Reasons for Joining Sun Micro Financial – The Mortgage Centre
- Training, Support and Mentorship.
- Access to All Lenders (Market Lenders, System Lenders); and
- Latest Technology – Apps (MCC HOME CENTRE APP) & Website.
To become successful mortgage agent, it is best to learn from a mentor who has already been successful. Start your career with confidence at Sun Micro Financial Inc., a Top Choice Award winner brokerage know for helping its agents to become successful entrepreneurs.
Please visit other mortgage brokerages before meeting us. It will help you to “identify and understand the values” we provide that help you become successful.